The goal of the 5th International Symposium on Big Data Research and Innovation (BigR&I-2018), co-located with the 6th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud2018), is to provide an international forum for exchanging ideas and information from both Academia and Industry on current issues, challenges, research results, system developments, industrial use cases and practical experiences in the promising field of Big Data. This emerging research field recently draws much attention and interest in computer science, information technology and information security as well as in social sciences and other disciplines.
The topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Techniques and models, algorithms and systems for Big Data
- Artificial Intelligence for Big Data and Data Science
- Knowledge Engineering, Data Mining and Machine learning
- NoSQL, NewSQL, Graph and new Databases for Big Data
- Verification, Validation and Testing Big Data applications
- Transaction properties and models for Big Data systems(ACID, CAP, BASE, etc)
- Web search and information retrieval
- Unstructured data management
- Big Data analytics and Social Media
- Parallel and distributed computing for Big Data
- Hardware/software infrastructure for Big Data
- Big Data storage, integration, services and virtualization
- Security and privacy for Big Data
- Ethical issues in Big Data
- Cloud, IoT and Big Data
- Big data and smart computing applications (health care, medicine, bioinformatics, finance, law, business, education, transportation, telecommunication, science, engineering, multimedia, ecosystem, etc.)
Submitted papers must present original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal.
Submissions will be evaluated according to the relevance and originality of the work and to their ability to generate discussions between the participants.
Publication: Papers selected for presentation will appear in the FiCloud Proceedings, which will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and will be submitted to the IEEE-Xplore and the IEEE Computer Society Digital Libraries (CSDL) after their oral presentation at the conference. The proceedings are also submitted for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex), Thomson ISI, and other indexing services.